Published 06-May-2017 Bilingual
The course shall comprises of the following:
A) Law relating to women
1) Legal position of women in pre-independence period
a) Legal Position of women in Ancient India
b) Legal Position of women in Medieval India
c) Legal Position of women in British India
2) Women's Right and Indian Constitution
a) Constitutional Provisions concerning Equality and Protection of women in chapters of Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles.
3) U.N conviction on Elimination of Discrimination against Women, 1979.
4) U.N machinery for Advancement of women's equality and Women's welfare.
a) International Commission on status of women
5) Social legislation for women: Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961.
6) Dowry Crimes and IPC, 1860
a) Cruelty against married women (Section 498)
b) Offense of Dowry Death (Section 304B)
7) Stree Dhan and Matrimonial Property
8) Women's Right to control their re-productivity
B) Law Relating to child:
1) Legal Protection to child
2) Child and criminal liabilties
3) State responsibility for the education of child
4) Family relations and child
5) Legal control of child labor
6) Discrimination against female child
7) Child and contract liability