Published 08-Apr-2017 Bilingual
The course shall comprises of the following :
1) Evolution, Definition, Nature and Scope of Tort.
a) Its development by courts of India and England.
b) A wrongful Act- Legal Damage.
i) Damnum Sine Injuria ii) Injuria Sine Damno
c) Joints and Several Feasors
d) Tort distinguished from Crime and Contract.
2) General Defences in Tort: With Special References to Volenti Non Fit Injuria, Act of God, Inevitable Accident, Statutory Authority.
3) Vicarious Liability with Special Reference to Master's Liability for Acts of Servant.
4)Absolute and Strict Liabilities.
5) Tort based international wrong doings.
a) Affecting Person- Assault, Battery and False Imprisonment.
b) Malicious Prosecution.
c) Affecting immovable property.
6) Tort based on Intentional and Negligent wrong doing.
a) Nervous Shock b) Nuisance c) Defamation
7) Remoteness of Damage