Note* : Online—Our online option offers you a wide variety of content related to any field of the vast syllabus.
Note* : Offline--- Now no need to worry about being offline. Here you can download the related information and open& access it anytime and anywhere.
Note* :Pen Drive--- Our exclusive package allows you to order this pen drive which contains everything that you require. So hurry! It just takes 2-3 working days to deliver.
Note* : SD Card---Can you image having a portable SD Card filled with relevant information of your syllabus or study matter! Well here it is. Grab it before others do. It reaches you within 2-3 working days.
In this section you will cover the following topics as per the syllabus:
- Electric Charges
- Conservation of charge
- Coulomb's law-force between two point charges
- Forces between multiple charges
- Superposition principle and continuous charge distribution
- Electric field
- Electric field due to a point charge
- Electric field lines
- Electric Dipole
- Electric field due to a dipole
- Torque on a dipole in uniform electric field
- Electric Flux
- Statement of Gauss's Theorem
- Its application to find field due to infinitely long straight wire
- Uniformly charged infinite plane sheet
- Uniformly charged thin spherical shell( field inside and outside)
In this Unit you will learn the following:
- Electric Potential
- Potential Difference
- Potential due to a point charge
- A dipole and system of charges
- Equipotential surfaces
- Electrical Potential Energy of a system of two points charges and of electric dipole in an electrostatic field
- Conductor and Insulator
- Free charges and bound charges inside a conductor
- Dielectric and electric polarisation
- Capacitor and Capacitance
- Combination of Capacitors in series and in parallel
- Capacitance of parallel plate capacitor with r without dielectric medium between the plates
- Energy stored in a capacitor
In this Unit you will learn the following:
- Electric Current
- Flow of electric charges in a metallic conductor
- Drift velocity, mobility and their relation with electric current
- Ohm's law
- Electrical Resistance
- V-I characteristic(linear and non-linear)
- Electrical Energy and Power
- Electrical Resistivity and Conductivity
- Carbon Resistors
- Colour code for carbon resistors
- Series and Parallel Combination
- Temperature dependence of resistance
- Internal Resistance of a cell potential difference and emf of a cell
- Combination of cells in series and in parallel
- Kirchhoff's Laws
- Simple Applications
- Wheatstone bridge
- Meter Bridge
- Potentiometer - Principle and its applications to measure potential difference and for comparing emf of two cells
- Measurement of internal resistance of a cell.
Moving Charges and Magnetism
- Concept of magnetic field
- Oersted's Experiment
- Biot-Savart law and its application to current carrying loop
- Ampere's law and application to infinitely long straight wire
- Straight and toroidal solenoids
- Force on a moving charge in magnetic and electric field
Magnetism and Matter
- Current loop as a magnetic dipole
- Magnetic dipole moment
- Magnetic dipole moment of a revolving electron
- Magnetic field intensity due to a magnetic dipole(bar magnet) along its axis and perpendicular to its axis.
- Torque on a magnetic dipole( bar magnet) in a uniform magnetic field
- bar magnet as an equivalent solenoid
- magnetic field lines
- Earth's magnetic field and magnetic elements
- Para, dia and ferro magnetic substances with examples
- Electromagnets and factors affecting their strengths
- Permanent Magnet
- Faraday's laws
- Induced emf and current
- Lenz's law
- Eddy Currents
- Self and mutual induction
- Alternating Currents
- Peak and rms value of alternating current/ Voltage
- Reactance and Impedence
- LC Oscillations(qualitative treatment only)
- LCR series circuit
- Power in AC circuits
- Wattless current.
AC generator and transformer
In this section you will learn the following:
- Basic idea and displacement current.
- Electromagnetic waves, their characterstics, their transverse nature( qualitative ideas only)
- Electromagnetic Spectrum( radio waves, micro waves, infrared, visible, ultraviolet, X rays, Gamma rays) including elementary facts about their uses.
Ray Optics:: Reflection of light, spherical mirrors, mirror formula. Refraction of light, total internal reflection and its applications, optical fibres, refraction at spherical surfaces, lenses, thin lens formula, lensmaker’s formula. Magnification, power of a lens, combination of thin lenses in contact combination of a lens and a mirror. Refraction and dispersion of light through a prism.
Wave front and Huygen's principle, reflection and refraction of plane wave at a plane surface using wave fronts. Proof of laws of reflection and refraction using Huygen's principle. Interference Young's double slit experiment and expression for fringe width, coherent sources and sustained interference of light. Diffraction due to a single slit, width of central maximum. Resolving power of microscopes and astronomical telescopes. Polarisation, plane polarised light Brewster's law, uses of plane polarised light and Polaroids.
Dual nature of radiation. Photoelectric effect, Hertz and Lenard’s observations; Einstein’s photoelectric equation-particle nature of light.
Matter waves-wave nature of particles, de Broglie relation. Davisson-Germer experiment
(experimental details should be omitted; only conclusion should be explained).
Alpha-particle scattering experiment; Rutherford’s model of atom; Bohr model, energy levels, hydrogen spectrum.
Composition and size of nucleus, atomic masses, isotopes, isobars; isotones. Radioactivityalpha, beta and gamma particles/rays and their properties; radioactive decay law.
Mass-energy relation, mass defect; binding energy per nucleon and its variation with mass number; nuclear fission, nuclear fusion.
Energy bands in conductors, semiconductors and insulators (qualitative ideas only)
Semiconductor diode - I-V characteristics in forward and reverse bias, diode as a rectifier;
Special purpose p-n junction diodes: LED, photodiode, solar cell and Zener diode and their characteristics, zener diode as a voltage regulator.
Junction transistor, transistor action, characteristics of a transistor and transistor as an amplifier (common emitter configuration), basic idea of analog and digital signals, Logic gates (OR, AND, NOT, NAND and NOR).
Elements of a communication system (block diagram only); bandwidth of signals (speech, TV and digital data); bandwidth of transmission medium. Propagation of electromagnetic waves in the atmosphere, sky and space wave propagation, satellite communication. Need for modulation, amplitude modulation.